Tuesday, March 7, 2017

True Peace


My Ladies Bible Study just started Into the Word by Anne Graham Lotz, 52 life-changing Bible Studies for Individuals and Groups. As I worked on my lesson for the week - Hardship - Five Things a Storm Can't Destroy, the subject of peace stood out to me.


Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 
John 14:27


My favorite part of that verse above is "not as the world gives do I give to you". This tells me true peace isn't found in a job; a self help book; people; social media; or even our favorite specialty coffee drink (although that may give us a feeling of peace). TRUE PEACE, ultimately comes from faith in Jesus.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9




These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
John 16:33



Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7


No matter what we've done, what trial we're experiencing, or what guilt we feel, TRUE PEACE is available, we just have to reach out and accept it (see Romans 10:9).  I hope you've been encouraged by these words, have a blessed day my friends. 

These digital graphics are free for personal use. You may print out for your own creativity or share on your social media, blogs or webpages. A link back is always appreciated. Thanks. 

3 comments:

  1. "True peace ultimately comes from Jesus," Amen!
    Your ladies Bible study sound lovely.

    Thank you for sharing your beauty with us, dear Abba ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. You must have prayed for your readers to experience the peace of which you wrote...because... I did!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.