Saturday, March 19, 2011

Another Blessing to Share & a Free Blog Button

Today is my sister's birthday.  I am very thankful for this day because she almost died from surgery complications in November.  Our prayers were answered, and her life was spared.  It's been a very difficult healing process for her since then, but she has turned a corner and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Since she is a Gone With the Wind fan, I have a touch of that in the birthday card I made for her.   The caption reads:  It's Debbie's birthday, I'm glad you ladies decided to put on your finest attire.   Of course, each of the ladies has a little bling on them in the form of a tiny rhinestone sticker which flashes like the finest diamonds. 


On the inside of the card, I typed out sister and birthday words over and over in a smaller font, printed and adhered it to the top top of the card.  The words on the bottom of the card were done on my computer, printed and cut with deckled scissors.  I then had fun with various layers, and some paper flowers.  

The card is tied with seam binding which I LOVE to use over ribbon.  It's lightweight, sheer, and has such a nice drape and delicate feel to it.  You can buy seam binding by the roll, which I recommend over buying small packages.  I have a lot of vintage seam binding which I've found at various flea markets, thrift stores, etc.  It's usually bagged up with other sewing accessories if you're looking for it. 


Since my sister Debbie likes the color blue; in honor of her birthday, I made a free blog button for you.  The blue marbled background came from the end papers of an antique book.  The sweet little girl smelling the pink roses comes from Dawn at The Feathered Nest.  She offers the most awesome vintage images for free, as well as many other fun vintage inspirations.  

free blog button for you
I just love the expression, keep calm and pray.  We certainly can apply that to many different circumstances in our lives.  As someone who tends to be on the high anxiety side, it's a good reminder for me.    

Here's one more free image for you which comes from my vintage paper collection.  A sweet little girl pondering the important things in her life.  
free vintage image for you



Have a blessed day.  Thanks for stopping by. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Abby, this card is beautiful, the blog button is absolutely adorable. Blue is my favorite color too and the image is so precious, I love it and I am going to go and put it on my blog now.

    Have a great day! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful blog button, I love what it says, a good reminder for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post -sisters are such a gift from God! Thanks for the button reminder -I need to remember that EVERY day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abby, What a beautiful card! Sisters are such a wonderful blessing from the Lord, and I'm sure yours will love her birthday card. Love the "keep calm & pray" button -I need to put that into practice more....i.e."pray without ceasing"
    Thanks for such a beautiful & uplifting blog! :) ~Becky

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.